Medical technology & pharmaceutical industry
The pharmaceutical industry is facing big changes. On the one hand, cost pressure in the health care system is constantly increasing; on the other hand, more and more specific and individually effective drugs are demanded by the market. There is a trend towards personalized medicine. In medical technology, the requirements are similar: technically innovative and complex, but at the same time inexpensive products are expected. Disposables must meet the highest quality standards, and at the same time they are often "cent items". The in-house production parts are rethought and the supplier network carries an increasing part of the added value. Another trend is the increasing convergence of medical and pharmaceutical products.
Regulatory requirements are increasing for both the pharmaceutical and medical technology sectors, which is associated with immense additional costs and considerable additional expenditure on non-value added activities for manufacturers. Due to new editions, the work field of the Regulatory Affairs manager becomes more and more complex. Filling the R&D pipelines with innovative products will be lastingly successful only for those who understand how to manage their external network and information.
"The smart use of information in the medical technology and pharmaceutical industries enables a more effective monitoring of innovations, faster feedback loops and the generation of new business models. So far, the question of which model wins the race in the health sector remains unanswered. What is certain, however, is that after a seemingly endless period of lethargy, the industry is beginning a new era! Existing concepts will barely succeed without further development. Those who first succeed in using the right technologies for themselves will also be at the forefront of global competition. "
Dr. Daniel Wothe
Areas of activity in Medical Technology & the Pharmaceutical industry
We identify your optimization potential. In doing so, our expertise and wide range of effective resources are of great use. We analyze processes, discover weaknesses and thus find optimization opportunities in your company across all interfaces. Due to this, we define concrete fields of action and create the basis for sustainable improvement along your entire value chain. Our knowledge of current market developments, and a supply chain tailored to the market and customer needs, along with procurement strategies aligned with the company’s goals, will help you achieve better results.
MARKET & COMPETITION
Technological trends and innovations |New business models & strategies|Customer value optimization |Competitive & Benchmarking analysis |Turnaround |Due diligence |Red Flag analysis |Risk & opportunity analysis
PRODUCT & INNOVATION MANAGEMENT
Target Costing | Design-to-Cost (DtC) | Value Engineering |Value Analysis| Best Practice Benchmarking | Optimization requirements & specifications | Optimization of the product development process (PDP)
PURCHASING & SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT
Value & Cost Management | Purchasing Strategy & Optimization | Optimization of Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) | Supply Chain Optimization| Overall Supply Chain Effectiveness (OSE) | Bottom-up cost Analysis of part prices, tool costs, development & software costs | Supplier negotiation
PRODUCTION & OPERATIONS MANAGEMENT
Operational Excellence | Optimization of plant network | Optimization of direct & indirect areas | Insourcing & Outsourcing | Design-for-Manufacturing (DfM, EHPV Optimization) | Product relocation & Start-up management |Implementation of Industry 4.0 solutions
PROJECT MANAGEMENT & IMPLEMENTATION
Project Audit | Project management & controlling | Opportunity & risk management | Project management coaching | Professional implementation support | Interim management
LEADERSHIP & CHANGE
Building of new organizational structures | Implementation & monitoring of change projects | Change management | Trainings at the POLARIXACADEMY | Training on the Job | Coaching & transfer of know-how
Face the challenges
In order to equip your company for the requirements of the market and strengthen your position in the face of increasing competition, we at POLARIXPARTNER do not deal with any symptoms - we get to the bottom of the cause! We support you in the development of your full potential. Our deep understanding of the market and extensive project experience in the pharmaceutical, medical, chemical and biotechnology industries help us find the right "therapy" for your area.
We offer solutions for complex conflict areas: increasing cost pressure vs. complex medical products; shift in the depth of added value; optimization of data management processes, and development of additive manufacturing techniques (3D printed medicines).
We help you to establish and develop new business models and are in the know about the special requirements of the pharmaceutical industry - whether it’s increased pressure on medical supplies prices, big & deep data solutions or R & D innovations.
We show you how you can use increasing regulatory requirements in a global context as a strategic opportunity and provide you with answers to current challenges.
We give your company a boost and offer concepts for complex tasks, for example, expiring patent protection for blockbuster drugs, precision medicine and innovation in research and development.
Examples of Medical Technology and Pharmaceutical projects
Controlling innovations in a targeted manner and thus always staying one step ahead of the competition with the use of the right technologies is what we stand for at POLARIXPARTNER. Convince yourself of our know-how in the medical technology and pharmaceutical sectors.
- Implementation of a purchasing management system
- Introduction of supplier management and proactive supplier control based on defined SLAs *** and feedback loops
- Reduction > 50 % of the variety of materials and services to be procured and the number of suppliers
- Improved use of bundling and standardization potential
- Improving knowledge about cost structures internally and with suppliers
*COGS: Cost Of Goods Sold | **NCOGS: Non Cost Of Goods Sold | ***SLA: Service Level Agreement
- Introduction of OEE measurements on all 14 lines
- Reduction of downtime (setup and cleaning)
- Increase in process robustness and employee productivity
- Implementation of an efficient demand planning based on correct process standards
- Implementation of sustainable process control and KPI control
- Increase of OEEs on average of 25%
Implementation and increase of OEEs * in five chemical companies for continuous and batch plants (multi-purpose) by an average of 15% (10% for continuous and up to 30% for batch processes)
Increase in process stability and employee productivity through structured resource planning and employee flexibility
Increasing the output of a continuous investment by an additional 15 % (the market demand could be served without further investment)
Questioning and extensive analysis of the existing solution
Deep bottom-up cost analysis of mechanical and electronic components
Execution of DTC & DFM workshops
Establishment of alternative design, function and production concepts
Validation of ideas
Benchmark analysis of competitive instruments
Estimation of cost reduction potential for the series
Development of cost analysis, training in cost analysis, supplier negotiation & nomination
- Determination of the system design for the current series
- Implementation of cost savings in overall system vs. planned costs of > 22%
- Value Engineering
- Cost analyses
- Operations optimization
- Supply Chain Analysis
- Cost reduction workshops
- Savings potential of over 20% will be implemented jointly. Commercial potentials are implemented throughout selection and supplier negotiations.
- Establishment of cross-sectoral management control cycles and central balance scorecard control of the OSE
- Implementation of a cross-sectoral communication process
- Optimization of material flow (value stream mapping)
- Optimization of supplier management
- Increase in service level and supplier reliability by 30%
- Stock reduction by approx. 20%
- Increase in OSE by 15%
- Implementation of a newly designed planning process across all interfaces (bulk, packaging, suppliers) on the basis of valid process standards
- Supplier management and performance monitoring
- New setup of report and control management systems with KPIs for target achievement, performance measurement and structured cause control in case of deviations
- Introduction of OEE measurements on all 10 lines including setup and cleaning
- Increase in delivery performance by 15% with an increase in throughput of 20%
*OTIF: On Time In Full | **OEE: Overall Equipment Effectiveness
POLARIXPARTNER Pharmaceutical Industry & Medical Technology Insights
What changes will the pharmaceutical and medical technology fields be facing? What should the manufacturing industry be prepared for and how can POLARIXPARTNER support you? Our Pharmaceutical Industry and Medical Technology Insights provide answers to current industry developments.