Production & Operations Management
Constantly optimizing products, processes and services in global competition is one of the core tasks of a successful production and operations management.
We at POLARIXPARTNER know that anyone who wants to achieve sustainable success or operational excellence in the areas of production and operations has to work on a strategic, organizational and procedural level. To that end, a comprehensive analysis of the overall situation of the company needs to be carried out in advance.
As a consulting firm with many years of experience in the manufacturing industry, we use our expertise and know-how to help your business optimize costs along the entire value chain. Our consulting services include planning, organization, enforcement and control of industrial added value and performance processes.
Our expertise and in-depth industry knowledge also help us make recommendations that enhance your performance by incorporating Industry 4.0 know-how, and ultimately deliver long-term success along the entire value chain.
Our consulting services
POLARIXPARTNER offers tailor-made solutions for your production and operations management:
Plant network optimization
Optimization of direct and indirect areas
Insourcing & Outsourcing
Design for Manufacturing (DfM, EHPV Optimization)
Implementation of Industry 4.0 solutions
Examples of production and operations management projects
- Development of a transparent capacity and competence overview
- Matching of available resources with required resources to ensure ongoing projects and target / performance comparison to identify the missing capacities and competences for future projects
- Implementation of measures to close the capacity and competence gap
- Creation of a skills development plan and a detailed concept for the introduction of lead engineering
- Harmonization of targets across all levels of governance and alignment of targets for all production sites
- Implementation of holistic planning and detailed planning systems in all production sites
- Identification and implementation of existing efficiency enhancement potential across all key products
- Redefinition of the operational organization including the design of new job descriptions plus role and responsibility profiles
- Identification of additional savings potential in the procurement area
- Realized savings of 12% of the total cost base
- Benchmarking for three plants of the current manufacturing process.
- Best Practices in calculation of the assembly and production of a generator shaft.
- Development of a cost plan to determine the plant's transfer prices.
- Best Practices in production concept of the machining and assembly of a rotor shaft.
- Presentation of a 25-30% savings potential in non-productive time during the cutting process.
- Transparent cost plans for specific manufacturing processes in all three plants.
POLARIXPARTNER Expert Insights
Are you looking for insider knowledge about topics such as market and competition; product and operations management, purchasing and supply chain management; leadership and change; or project and implementation management? In POLARIXPARTNER Expert Insights, we provide you with the latest studies and publications on your preferred topic.